Join Us & Donate Today!
Friends of Frog Ferry continues to grow every day and we appreciate your support.
Help us research the potential to bring a safe and sustainable river-friendly public passenger ferry service to our region.
What did we accomplish in 2019?
- We grew our Friends support group from 400 to more than 1,500.
- We proved that running a ferry on our riverways is possible and sourced a prototype vessel.
- We recruited ferry experts from across the country to provide guidance.
- We gave 35 group presentations, generated 100 letters of support, and took 50+ supporters on the proposed route. We filed and received our 501(c)(3) status.
- We grew our eight teams: Engineering, Maritime Operations, Strategy/Public Affairs, Public Transit Agencies, Service Providers, Finance and Fundraising, Community Affairs and Marketing and Communications.
- We researched, wrote and delivered the Best Practice Case Study of six ferry services through City of Portland funds we received.
- We applied for Oregon Dept of Transportation STIF funds, and the project was awarded funding for an Operations and Finance Plan.
- We conducted a Demand Model with the area transit agencies that was deemed inconclusive and raised funds for a revised model, that is more appropriate for a ferry service. Findings are due by early January 2020.
- Together, we contributed more than $1 million in pro bono work to help provide a safe, equitable, efficient and responsible new mode of transportation.
What will be accomplished in 2020?
Your contribution will fund the creation of an Operations Business Plan and a Finance Plan, that will outline what needs to get done, how much it will cost, and how we’re going to pay for it.
Our ethos is grounded in transparency, integrity, collaboration, facts and data, strategic partnerships, ROI and best practices.